Scientist (Ph.D. in Biological Sciences)
Austrianni is a Vienna-based start-up biotechnology company developing biological therapeutics for human infectious diseases. We are looking for a highly-motivated scientist to play a major role in our antibody-focused programs. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to oversee projects from discovery through pre-clinical development.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Development of assays to identify specific antibodies or compounds with antibacterial activities.
- Bacterial cell culture including set-up of in vitro assays for infection of human and murine primary cells.
- Oversight and direct management of components of the project performed by contract research organizations, and/or other external collaborators.
- Analysis and documentation of results.
- Presentation and discussion of results in program meetings and in various external settings.
- Experience in immunology, including immunization, B lymphocyte biology and in-vivo studies.
- At least 3 years of post-doctoral experience.
- Strong molecular biology background.
- Expertise in genetics and biology of pathogenic bacteria is an advantage.
- Postdoctoral experience.
- Written and oral communication skills in English.
Austrianni offers you the opportunity to develop your career in an exciting scientific environment promoted by a motivated team and a spirit of community. With passion and a deep sense of responsibility, we work together on revolutionizing the treatment of tuberculosis.
Please submit a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae, including the contact details of at least two referees, to email@example.com.
Technical Assistant animal experiments (full time)
Austrianni is a Vienna-based biotechnology company developing biological therapeutics for human infectious diseases. We are looking for a full time technical assistant to play a major supporting role in an antibody-focused program.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Immunization of mice with antigens, drawing of blood samples for titer determination, preparation of lymphoid organs for B cell isolation
- Mammalian cell culture including work with hybridomas and isolation and growth of murine primary cells
- Coordination with animal caretakers of facility for management of mouse colony
- Lab management including ordering and preparing of reagents and consumables for in vivo work
- Data management and analysis
- Presentation of data in internal company meetings
Requirements and desired qualifications
- Degree in either biology, medicine or veterinary medicine (BTA, MTA, CTA, bachelor, master)
- FELASA course or similar certificate for working with experimental animals
- Experience in working with mice (immunization, blood sampling, isolation of splenocytes)
- Experience with immunology and cell culture would be an asset
- Written and oral communication skills in English
Applicants should submit a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae, including the contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2019 AUSTRIANNI. All rights reserved.