Job opening: Technical Assistant (full time)
Austrianni is a Vienna-based biotechnology company developing biological therapeutics for human infectious diseases. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a highly motivated technical assistant (full time) to play a major supporting role in an antibody-focused program.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Use of a broad range of assays to identify specific antibodies: including various phenotypic and immunological assays with focus on bacterial models
- Mammalian cell culture including work with hybridomas and isolation and growth of human and murine primary cells
- Generation of expression vectors for antibody production
- Small/medium scale mammalian cell culture for protein expression
- Antibody purification
- Lab management including ordering and preparing of reagents and consumables
- Data management and analysis
- Presentation of data in internal company meetings
Requirements and desired qualifications
- Degree in either biology or chemistry (MTA, CTA, bachelor, master)
- Experience with cell culture and molecular biology
- Experience with immunology, flow cytometry and in vivo work would be an asset
- High level of flexibility and curiosity to learn and establish assays and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in an international team
- Written and oral communication skills in English
- Basic computer skills
In accordance with the Austrian collective labour agreement, we advise you that the minimum gross annual salary for this role is € 32 000, but can be negotiated based on experience.
Applicants should submit a detailed letter of motivation and curriculum vitae, including the contact details of two referees to email@example.com.
© 2019 AUSTRIANNI. All rights reserved.