Austrianni is a startup biotechnology company based in the beautiful city of Vienna Austria, where it is developing new biological therapies for infectious diseases of major global importance.
We are recruiting a team of highly motivated scientists distinguished by their expertise, innovation, dynamism and collaborative spirit. If you have an interest in joining us, please check this page for open positions, or send us a general enquiry outlining the nature of your interests and qualifications.
Job opening: Technical Assistant (full time)
Austrianni is a Vienna-based biotechnology company developing biological therapeutics for human infectious diseases. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a highly motivated technical assistant (full time) to play a major supporting role in an antibody-focused program.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Use of a broad range of assays to identify specific antibodies: including various phenotypic and immunological assays with focus on bacterial models
- Mammalian cell culture including work with hybridomas and the growth of human and murine primary cells
- Generation of expression vectors for antibody production
- Small/medium scale mammalian cell culture for protein expression
- Antibody purification
- Lab management including ordering and preparing of reagents and consumables
- Data management and analysis
- Presentation of data in internal company meetings
Requirements and desired qualifications
- Degree in either biology or chemistry (MTA, CTA, bachelor, master)
- Experience with (intracellular) bacteria, cell culture and flow cytometry as well as molecular biology/protein expression and purification would be an asset
- High level of flexibility and curiosity to learn and establish assays and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in an international team
- Written and oral communication skills in English
- Basic computer skills
In accordance with the Austrian collective labour agreement, we advise you that the minimum gross annual salary for this role is € 32 000, but can be negotiated based on experience.
Applicants should submit a detailed letter of motivation and curriculum vitae, including the contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.